08:00 Registration and breakfast
08:50 Welcome remarks
09:00 C-level Keynote panel discussion: Technology innovation for the buy-side - Strategies in replacing legacy systems, prioritising security and adjusting business models in a challenging environment
- Enhancing risk management and operational efficiency - moving away from legacy systems and towards automated reconciliation platforms
- Building information risk into every project - maintaining an invested interest around security breaches
- In the face of heightened investor expectations, how does technology play a role in altering your business models to meet their demands?
- What are your current technological priorities and what goes into allocating your budget?
- Who is responsible in your firm for implementing the most cutting-edge technologies and what considerations and processes go into this decision?
10:00 Presentation: Harnessing unstructured data and effectively utilising big data to your advantage
- Developing strategies on how to mine unstructured data to detect future events
- Leveraging big data to drive business development and position yourself for future success
- Managing disparate data sets across an organisation to comply with regulatory and reporting requirements
- What is there to learn from other industries who have already wholly embraced big data?
10:45 Morning coffee break
11:15 Panel discussion: Applying data management technologies across multi-asset classes and trading venues
- Creating a streamlined, centralised data management strategy
- Using analytics software to improve data governance and quality
- What are the challenges around testing for accuracy and quality?
- The importance of having technology in place that's fully scalable
- Is it more practical to upgrade analytics software into existing infrastructure or to outsource?
12:05 Presentation: Establishing a strong reference data framework to aid in governance and compliance
- Maximising business value and data governance by integrating a single trusted source for your reference data
- How does reference data differ from other classes of data with regard to governance and management needs?
- Mutualizing data management through a reference data utility
- Constructing your reference data management strategy to aid compliance efforts
13:50 Panel discussion: Advances in low latency and HFT technology and the regulations on the horizon
- What innovative HFT technologies are making the biggest impact in trading?
- Do the benefits of HFT outweigh the sometimes volatile market shifts it can aid in creating?
- Analysing the pros and cons of collocating servers and the costs involved
- Overview of the latest HFT regulations across APAC
- Are the cards stacked against those who do not use or cannot afford the most up to date HFT technology?
14:40 Presentation: Utilizing cloud technology to expand capabilities while preventing massive infrastructure overhauls
- How cloud services can prevent the large scale IT overhauls that would be needed to maintain compliance with regulators and keep up with complex data management
- Finding the appropriate mix of utilizing internal systems vs. public cloud services and how this will be a major key to the future success of financial firms
- What skills will IT teams will need in order to operate in and arbitrate between clouds?
- Developing a compelling business case for cloud-based managed services in your firm
- How is the transition to cloud and the use of public providers being monitored and evaluated both internally and by regulators?
15:15 Afternoon coffee break
15:45 Panel discussion: The future of operational and business strategy and the role outsourcing technology will play in these decisions - a conversation with practitioners and vendors
- Examining the trend of migration from homegrown technology solutions in favour of licensed software and outsourcing services
- Managing changes in vendor contracts - choosing the best provider and maintaining a beneficial, collaborative, ongoing relationship
- Discussing the benefits and risks involved with data sharing between outsourced partners and shared services
- How are vendors keeping up with constantly evolving technology while maintaining an offer of value and ROI?
- Managing regulation compliance with third-party data management vendors
16:35 Closing remarks
16:40 End of conference and cocktail reception